|front bumper in pieces|
Front is First
|rubber step: what lies beneath|
|smashed tow hook|
My tow-hook was completely flattened (see picture). I have feelers out for a viable replacement, but I think its pretty common for them to get smashed. When I removed the driver-side bumper bracket, I broke-off one of the bolts. Overall, some part of every nut-washer-bolt combination was rusty. In some cases, the entire bit was heavily rusted. I chose to order a full bolt-set from Wolfsburg West for $21 as well as the new rubber steps and seam-seals.
In my last post, I said that I'd upload pictures of the parts we removed. Well... Boo was very helpful and got rid of all those parts before I could photograph them. So, you'll have to take my word for it that the coolant pump had all this sealant all over it and the rollers looked heavily worn. That's it for today. Thanks, as always, for following along.