Saturday, June 6, 2009

WALSTIB - 3

As promised.... here are a few pictures from the drive home from Mt. View. In the meantime, there's been talk about another run in late August down to Eugene for the Rat Dog show. Not sure if that will happen.

On the bus work, I have applied the Rust Encapsulator to the underside of the bus where the radiator unit will be going. I will spray some high-temp paint on top of it before I get the radiator in there. Like I said in the last post, I bought a welding helmet, some 1/16" rod and a monster magnet for the fabrication to come. I picked up some MDF sticks to construct a model of the radiator unit. I should have started this way in the first place, I could have been much further along by now. Lesson learned. Once the mock-up is finished, I'll test fit it into the bus. I'll snap some pictures along the way. Oh, I almost forgot, I bought an emergency pusher-fan to go inside this unit in case the temps get too high for the stock fans to handle.

picture contents:
top: Lake Shasta. The water levels look awfully low to me for May. The folks at the small store in Lakehead didn't seem concerned, though.

middle: Belle in front of Bus Boys. I picked up a new rear driver-side window there - this one won't have that little flapper window at the front.

bottom: We don't know what mountain that is. On the way south, we thought it was Mt. Shasta, but it does't have the dual peaks. It was too far South to by Mt. Ashland (we think), so we're at a loss.

More next time...

No comments: