Wednesday, September 10, 2008

if it doesn't move, paint it

Sorry I didn't post earlier this week. I've been distracted with the start of the school year, looking for a new job and selling off old bus parts. So, I haven't really gotten much done in the past week.


I did take the opportunity to address the surface rust on the underside of the belly (over where the transaxle usually sits) this past weekend. It was a simple job of wire brushing everything, shooting rust converter and then some basic black spraypaint. Rust contained, for the next 20 years. Ultimately, I should shoot some better chip-resistant paint or some of that rubber undercoating stuff. We'll see. Like the subject line says, if it doesn't move, paint it. That's what the foks in the Army say, and it certainly applies to vehicle maintenance too.

More in a couple days-

No comments: