It's been the dog-days of Summer around my place the last 2 weeks, and getting into the bus hasn't been really happening. Between the Brew Fest, and my niece's birthday on Saturday, last weekend was a wash. I was able to start getting the scissor-support mounted, but they aren't quite on right, so I'll be re-starting that effort. Unfortunately, that means that the little bit I did get done, I'll be doing again.
Since the top isn't really "on", I can't test drive it. With a planned first camping trip just a few weeks away, my evenings and weekends are going to become very full very soon, starting tonight. I have my boys with me this week, so I'll have to figure out a way of getting their hands involved too.
I wanted to post something, since it's been nearly 10 days since my last post, but, like the headline says, "No New Tales to Tell". Once I have the scissor-supports solved, I'll share the pictures I've taken along the way. Suffice to say, the supports have 2 long steel feet that run the length of the bus. If they are not positioned exactly right, the top won't close, and it won't sit right. Mine aren't, so it doesn't. I think the driver's side rail is too far forward, so I'll try moving it towards the rear to see if that helps. Since the support "feet" don't have channels for the screws to pass through (instead its just a tiny hole), adjusting the top means new holes in the roof for every adjustment. Something to think about improving if you are thinking about putting a Riviera top on your non-Riviera bus.
That's all for now. Like I said, I'll post when I have the top solved, and explain what I found as the cause. I'll back-post a picture of the mis-aligned top to this posting later.