Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Renegade

In my last posting of the Summer, I mentioned this cool new non-aqueous (no solvent) cleansing unit.  I'm gonna flap about that today, but first a little flashback.

Worst Boss Ever
Carl's truck looked like this
We've all had some pretty bad bosses.  After a rough meeting last week, some of my peers were concerned about how my current boss was doing things.  Well, I tried to assure them that I've seen far worse and my skin was thick enough to take it.  It was recalling a boss I had when I was 19 and doing lawn maintenance for a living that helped them understand.  This boss, let's call him "Carl" was the biggest a-hole the small city of Albany NY could contain.  Carl didn't pay payroll taxes, or offer any benefits other than an envelope of cash at the end of the week.  He drove us around in his red dump-truck, hauling a trailer of equipment, and we would mow lawns or perform clean-ups where ever he stopped and pointed.  Grass clippings and other debris would go into the truck bed.  When the bed got full, he would dump it illegally in one of a small collection of spots he knew about (empty, no trespassing areas usually).  Now, put all that aside.

the Renegade
Carl was about 5'4" tall, thin as a rail, mostly bald and more ready to throw a punch than a drunken sailor on leave.  He knew our names, but chose to call us other things instead, mostly "lapper"' though none of us knew what that meant.  He yelled often.  He insulted more.  But beware the lapper who didn't do what he wanted the way he wanted in the time he wanted.  Some of my co-workers found themselves abandoned at a job site, having to find their own way home.  The worst, though, was when he got in your face and started really yelling at you.  He'd get all wound up, and then pull out his upper rack of false teeth.  Spittle flying out of his mouth, he would poke you in the chest with his false teeth.  One time, I remember him doing that because I had set the mower one 1/2 setting too high on a particular lawn.  Wow.  Worst boss ever.  I ultimately lost that job because I went on tour with the Dead for a week and he refused to pick me up again.  He did me quite a favor.

Renegade
view of the washing attachments
MS, my real estate agent, has many jobs. One of them is as a dealer in this Renegade machine. The Renegade is a non-solvent cleanser. It has an integrated filter unit, and it re-circulates this biodegradable cleansing material so it is self-contained. The filter needs to be replaced occasionally, and the cleanser needs to be replaced every so often too. The waste cleaner is safe to go down a standard drain. Pretty neat. The power of this thing is pretty amazing. With the integrated scrubbers, heating unit and light, and the large wheels, it's mobile and can wash all kinds of different shapes and sizes. I had an oil leak and I was able to get many parts completely clean using the Renegade. I just wish it had a drain attachment so I could slide it under the bus and wash the engine. I cleaned all fasteners that I touched, my bumper mounts, even my bumper. Very cool.

That's it for today. I'll update the post tomorrow with some pictures of the Renegade. It really is an amazing bio-friendly cleaner.

No comments: