Thursday, June 18, 2009

WALSTIB - 6

Short one today. Just the set list and a bus update.

Set List from The Gorge:
Set 1-
Music Never Stopped
Loose Lucy
Crazy Fingers >
(foolish heart & Other 1 tease jams) >
Dark Star (that kind of petered out)
Dire Wolf
Tom Thumbs
Into the Mystic
Women Are Smarter

Set 2-
Passenger >
Hell in a Bucket
Althea
Eyes >
Drums >
Space >
Days Between >
Dark Star (2nd half completion from first set)
One More Saturday Night

Encore-
Box of Rain

Bus update:
I have received my window rubber from BusDepot, though I don't plan to do anything with it any time soon. I got a bus cover from them as well, so, if the bus has to sit another winter, at least he'll be covered.

After talking with a few other bus owners (and my wife) about the under-belly radiator, I have been convinced that putting it up in the luggage rack is a better idea. The mock-up really brought into focus just how low the clearance would be. One fellow bus driver pointed out that Hapy will be camping, and State Parks are known for tree stumps. That did it for me. So much for stealth, but I'd like to get home from remote camping.

We have cleared out a bunch of junk from the garage, making it much easier to get things done out there. I am hopeful that this will translate into more consistent progress. I find I have to remind myself that the bus work is supposed to be partiall about the process and not just about the goal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are many people that put the radiator in the engine hatch:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1811/bus4.html

-Chris