Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy V-day to me

First, an update on the RIBE:
The RIBE bit arrived yesterday, and it was NOT the right bit. Now, I'm looking at a 6M triple-square (aka XZN) from Sears.com for $8 plus shipping. Unfortunately, they don't stock them in stores. Too bad, as I was in there last night buying a welder. As the guys behind the tools counter said "your wife must really love you" to spend Valentine's Day buying a welder at Sears. Yeah, they nailed that. Its really an early birthday present, and with 2 young kids, opportunities to shop for anything as a couple is near impossible. She wasn't too hip on buying something like that without me there, so it worked out.

Anyway, I have the welder (the Clark 120V Arc-welder) that I've pined for since November, so the engine mounts, radiator mounts & cowling, even the exhaust can and probably will be built by me. This will slow the process down, but so it goes.

No comments: