Friday, January 26, 2007

Introduction

I bought a 1972 VW camperbus in 2003 for $1500. I have been slowly repairing and improving upon it in my spare time. The interior was a moldy original Westvalia camper. The engine was heavily butchered by the previous owner: aftermarket distributor, aftermarket carb, etc. The shifter was all bent from the last owner not dealing with a transmission linkage issue. Still, the bus sat straight, had a good body and I loved it the minute I first saw it. My boys named him “Hapy” because of how he made us feel when we drove around in him. We've camped with Hapy, and used him as a daily driver most of the last few years. This blog is dedicated to the work that I perform on him, the trips we take with him, and the things we see and learn about cars, people and ourselves along the way. I have taken notes of everything I've done over the last few years, and I'll be posting that info along the way as well as detail on new projects and trips.

No comments: